Sunday, December 19, 2010

those lazy, hazy, crazy days of....December!

After I finished the hustle bustle of getting Christmas gifts done, this month has been a bit laid back.  I've worked another puzzle.


Ashlynn's pre-school had their Christmas program recently, and that was fun.  All the little 2-, 3-, and 4-year-olds took part in the singing.  The lighting wasn't the best in the room for pictures during the program, but that's ok.  They were all so sweet, and all were dressed in their pj's.



 Rhett joined her in the last picture.

And here's my niece Tammy.  She graduated from Texas Women's University on Friday!  It's taken a lot of work over the last 4 years, but she made it, and we're all proud of her.
 Over on the HGTV quilting/sewing forum, we just finished up our Secret Santa Stocking Swap.  There were over 60 of us participating.  We each put up a wish list, names were swapped out by the coordinators, and everyone got busy.  The stocking was to be made by the person swapping, so no store-bought stockings.  My Secret Santa was Wiley in Arizona, and she did great.  I got not one stocking, but two!  She managed to tuck in 4 redwork embroidery patterns, 5 fq's of landscape fabric (rocks, woodgrains, birds) for a landscape quilt I want to come up with, a template for A School of Fish and the pattern that goes with it, a rotary blade, some flower head flat straight pins, and a spiral memo book.  Very nice.
 I was Secret Santa to Downsouth in Georgia.  This is what I sent her.  Fun to make and prepare, and I'm already looking forward to next year.  :)

Of course, I've been babysitting Elise.  I'm off the next two weeks since it's Christmas break and David will be home with her, but I did get to watch her last night.  She's at the age that she's always coming up with something new, a lot of fun.
 That's it for now.  If I don't get back on here before the end of the week, Merry Christmas to all! 

No comments: