Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm getting closer...

We're on the countdown now. Thursday I'm scheduled to close on this house, and Friday for Elizabeth's house. The movers are scheduled for Friday, and I hope to have my final cleaning done and keys handed over by Saturday afternoon. I'm letting myself get excited now!

I painted the guest room in my new home. Pumpkin butter and spicy cayenne are the names of the paint colors, and it's looking good. 3 walls in the pumpkin butter, and one in cayenne. That was a lot more cutting in since I had an accent wall, but it was worth it. I have a little bit of touch up to do, but that will be done quickly. And I'll keep my eyes open for the right window treatment. It was so much easier to do the painting with the room empty.

I found a picture that someone else painted their living room the same colors. Let me see if I can put it in here. Painting the guest room was actually an audition to see if I want to do the living room at some point, and I just might. This color combination was on the cover of a Behr (Home Depot) color sample booklet.

Anyway, that's it for now from Alvarado. Good Lord willin' the next post will be from Mansfield...unless I get wordy in the next few days.

And by the way, happy birthday to Angela!

No comments: