Sunday, January 4, 2009

crazy baby steps




One of the things I've told myself I will do this year is to try a few new things, crazy quilting being one of them. To that end, here are my first efforts towards cq-ing. The first two I pieced kind of haphazardly, using some instructions as a guideline. The third (the one done in Christmas prints), I actually followed the instructions. Amazing what a difference it makes, go figure.

This is just the first step. The next will be to add embellishments. I don't have a problem with the embroidery, and think that will go smoothly. I can probably find a button or two that will work. But I've not done any of the "fancy" stuff, i.e. silk ribbon embroidery, lacework, and beading. That's the part where I'll be stepping out of my comfort zone. I'll keep you posted, and think it will be fun. Wish me luck...

Edited to add: as I look at it more, I think it's too busy for the embellishments. Probably will work fine in an overall crazy quilt, but these aren't right for the pretty little intricate cq-ing. I continue on.

No comments: