Thursday, January 15, 2009

Will there be another OKC quilt show????

I got my Prairie Quilts Inc newsletter today. (They've put on the Oklahoma City quilt show for several years.) One little sentence caught my eye...she's retiring as the show's promoter.

Well. That got my curiosity up, so I emailed Randa (no, I don't know her personally) and asked if there would be a 2010 OKC quilt show. She said it depends if anyone buys it or not, that she's not actively pursuing a buyer at this point.

I can't even imagine the amount of time and money it takes to put on a show like that. I mean, you're talking about renting a convention center, lining up sponsors and vendors and judges and exhibits and volunteers and publicity and I'm sure there's a ton more that I can't even fathom right this minute. And of course there are always potential weather issues when you have an event in the middle of winter. That's why I didn't go in '08, when the weather was really bad. I wasn't able to make it this year either, thinking, I'll make sure I go next year.

Sigh. Let's keep our fingers crossed that there will be an OKC quilt show next year.

No comments: