Sunday, December 13, 2009

it's that time of year

You know how it is...hustle, bustle, shopping, cooking, visiting friends. And I wouldn't change it one bit!

Went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes Thursday night with Linda and Carolyn. (They were a couple of my traveling buddies back in the summer.) We went out to have some Mexican food first, though it was hard to believe this place didn't serve margaritas,but oh well. Then the show was really nice. I think my favorite parts were The Twelve Days of Christmas, and The Parade of the Wooden Soldiers, and the Living Nativity, and... well...you get the picture. Every routine was so precise and well choreographed.

I was out Christmas shopping, and found a cute little waffle grid. I really enjoy waffles, but chunked my waffle iron several years ago. It only made big ones, and was hard to clean since you couldn't immerse it in water. This was at Target, and makes 4 little waffles. You flip them over like you would a pancake to cook the other side. My first batch I pretty well burnt because the heat was too high. My next batch I cooked on medium, and they did much better. Yummo with blueberry syrup.

Also while shopping, I picked up the dvd Julie and Julia. I don't buy a lot of movies, but I enjoyed it when I saw it at the theater 2 or 3 months ago so thought I'd add it to my video library.

And in the spirit of the season, I stuck Santa in the front yard. I made him several years ago, but haven't set him out in a couple of years. Kind of startled me though as I pulled up last night and saw his shadow in the yard up by the house! I'd show you his picture, but I'm having problems with loading pics from my camera these days.

That's it for now. Got a house to clean, laundry to do, a quilt to bind, and some projects to work on.

Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

Марина Сохончук said...

That's a pity that I can't try your waffles with blueberry syrup!)))))))))))))