Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SSSS

Over on the HGTV boards there's been a Secret Santa Stocking Swap going on. Sign-ups were held, little lists were given of our interests and likes (as well as dislikes!!), and teaser pictures have been posted by some. Rather than open it as soon as it came in the mail, the instructions were to wait until December 21st at 10:00 p.m. EST for the grand reveal. As you can see, I was good and my package sat patiently waiting for me. It probably helped that there was a ton of tape and I couldn't sneek a peak if I wanted to!

Well, I'll qualify the above by saying that I did start taking some of the tape off a bit early so it wouldn't take so long when the party started!

I was concerned that I'd fall asleep on the couch just before opening time, especially when my eyes got realllllly heavy about 15 minutes before then. But I rallied, and I did open my package. My Secret Santa knew I have an interest in cq-ing (crazy quilting to all of you non-quilters), and she really took care of me. My stocking was the cutest little cq design, and tucked in all around it were little packets wrapped in fabric from her stash...all perfect for cq. Here's a picture:

So, what are some of the supplies a cq-er needs? Well, fancy fabric is nice (check), along with embroidery floss (check), silk ribbon (check), thread (check), beads (check), pieces of lace and trim (check), needles (check), ornate buttons (check), a pincushion (check), needle threaders (check), and of course a container to store it in (check).

And here's my stocking:

My secret Santa? None other than Tea Sea in Iowa! Thanks Tea Sea, for a nice kick-off into the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Yep, the motorcycle sold.

I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas. God's blessings on all.