Sunday, January 16, 2011

where did my muse go????

I don't seem to have as much to say lately, I think my muse has taken a vacation.   However, I've not been entirely useless.  More than one puzzle has been completed, I've been working on a couple of shams (which has dragged out wa-a-a-a-ay too long), altered a t-shirt for David since he's lost 20 pounds (this was a test run for 5 more shirts to see if it would work and it did), and stayed in out of the cold as much as I could.




I also caught up on some television, thanks to Netflix.  I've watched a couple of seasons of Moonlighting, and I'm on the second season of Northern Exposure.  I know, I know, these were from like the late 80's or early 90's.  What can I say?  Don't think I ever watched Moonlighting, even though it won awards, and only caught part of the last season of NEx.  But hey, better late that never.  I saw a Bones episode the other day, so now I'm going to check Netflix and maybe I can start that series from the beginning.  

I did make me a journal cover, finally.  Got the tutorial a year ago, and made one for my secret sister at the time (dtigger) and also one for Donna, a friend who was retiring.   It took me clear till now, but I finally got mine made.

I'm in the secret sister exchange again for 2011, and got my January package about a week or so ago.  I had mentioned that I want to do a landscape quilt, so she sent me a book about them, as well as some wonderful red silicone potholders (I think they're called silicone), and a package of 5 rotary blades.  As I mentioned in my thank you on the forum, I don't think I've ever  bought 5 rotary blades at one time...I won't know what to do with them! 

And, last but not least, happy birthday wishes go out to David.  Couldn't ask for a better son-in-law.  :)

No comments: