Wednesday, December 29, 2010

odds and ends

The kids got their colored pencil rolls, and really liked them!  I'm glad we had our quiet little get together a couple of days ahead of Christmas, I think they would have gotten lost in the shuffle otherwise.

Rhett was coloring with his up on the table, so you only see his leg in the second picture.

On Christmas day, I went over to Robert and Angela's before heading over to Nolene's.  Robert and Rhett were assembling a Lego Harry Potter project, and I think I see a budding engineer in Rhett.  He studied those pieces, and was really intent to get it right.


These were two of the 4 or 5 bags they had to assemble, but it was nap time right about here.  :)


I haven't accomplished as much the last week or two as I had thought I might, but I've gotten a little done here and there.   This is a mug rug I made.  A mug rug is a coaster with room for a snack.
And I made an ironing pad for a tv tray for niece Tammy. Now that she's graduated, she'll have a bit more time for her quilting.  I got one a couple of years ago, and just love it, but I couldn't quite figure out how to get the elastic casing in nice and neat.  So, I used ribbons for ties.  This should actually work out pretty well, because it can be modified to fit the size of the tv tray. 
On another note, I had a home improvement project put in a couple of weeks ago.  I've wanted a pergola type patio ever since I moved in, and talked to Chris about it last Spring when he put in my fence.  It finally worked out to be a convenient time for both of us, and he and his helper put it in the week before Christmas.  When Spring rolls around, I'll either paint it or stain it, though I'm leaning towards paint for now.   This space should be much more usable now, especially with the railing going around it.  Gives me more peace of mind with the grandkids playing out there that they won't be so apt to fall off.

That's it for now.  Have a good week, and if I don't get back before the weekend, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Stephanie Hughes said...

Elsie, looks like it was a fun filled family holiday! Happy New Year to you and here's to another great year. Steph