Sunday, October 13, 2013

almost autumn

The calendar may say it's Autumn, but here in Texas we're still seeing some warm days.  Granted, upper 80's is not as hot as 100+ degrees, but I'm ready for highs in the 60's or 70's.

My neighbor wanted the twin bed frame I refinished, so since that's out of the way, I now have a new twin bed.  I may get a headboard at some point but for now like the flexibility of putting it wherever I want it.  I started out with it away from the wall, then decided flush against the wall is best for now for when Elise sleeps over.  I'd like a chenille bedspread, so that will take some looking.  In the meantime, I've got a quilt over it for a cover. 

Since it's that time of year, I made a couple of pumpkins for decoration.  Only have one to show, because Elise took the other one home.   This was really a stash buster...used a piece of fabric about 10"x20".  Click on the "pumpkins" link if you think you'd like to make one.


You may remember that last couple of years I've participated in the 12 Days of Christmas swap over on the HGTV quilting/sewing forum.  I debated whether to do it this year, and decided I will.  I've gotten a good start on it, and still have a few weeks to get finished.  Of course I can't tell you what I'm making, but you'll be seeing pics of everything around Christmas.  I like that I should be able to complete all of them with fabric I have on hand.

Guess that's it for now.  Have a good week all.



1 comment:

suz said...

First, beautiful quilt on the twin bed. It looks beautiful. And I like the pumpkin you made. I'm sure Elise is proud of hers as well. Good post. - Sue