Tuesday, December 24, 2013

12 Days of Christmas swap

Our 12 Days swap has wrapped up, so here are the pictures.   I made totes and tea towels, and one mug rug.   Along the way, I was able to use up some of my odds and ends of fq's and fabric. 




I like how they all turned out, but I must say I really like the little mug rug with the ducks.  They are surrounded with nature fabrics, and flying geese overhead.  Almost hard to let that one go, but I know I can make another. 

I received some wonderful gifts in return.  I've said it before, but there are some talented ladies on the HGTV Quilting & Needlework Forum.     Elise was my helper in opening the daily packages, so here she is as we opened the box.


This shows:

Quilter Jen:  a roll--up tote, great for shopping
KaylaQuilts:  a knitted drink cozy
JoyfulSewer:  a fabric box (great for a thread catcher when you're hand sewing
LilacSue:  a Santa ornament
PatV82:  a coffee cup organizer (I bought a pattern a few years ago, and never made it...so glad she did!)








Quilter Chris:  bracelet
Patricia Anne:  4 coasters
Motqltr:  zippered bag, knitted/crochet scarf, trial size paper piece quilt block, and novelty mini-
clothespins
LynnSews:  hand sewn felt needle case
KarrieLynn:  wine tote bag

(and KaylaQuilts' knitted drink cozy made it into this picture too)



Gemsq:  colorful bag (I have a feeling Elise will want to claim it, but it's mine!)
DJillm:  kleenex holder, great to tuck in your purse or pocket










This is the third year I've participated in this particular swap.  I hope we do it again next year.

Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll get back with some Christmas pictures of the kids.  :)  

Hope your days are merry and bright....

No comments: