Tuesday, January 14, 2014

another paper pieced project

Paper piecing can be addictive.  Having done a few pieces in the past year, my comfort level has increased.  However...there comes a time when you think is it worth the time to do all the intricate steps.

When I was looking at the Fandominstitches website with the Sherlock Holmes patterns, Elise saw one for Ariel the mermaid that she wanted.  I told her that would make a good mug rug and she agreed. Here's their picture of her:
I took my time and got through almost all of her, except the eyelashes.  They looked so tedious.  I made an executive decision and decided to embroider her lashes instead, and really think it was an excellent move.  Here's my version:
There is a little mistake in it where I missed one little triangle of flesh color, but Elise likes it and I do too.   She took it home to use because she said they didn't have any mug rugs at home.  This one came out about 10"x10".
And in case you're interested, see my new area rug that she's on?  I decided it was time to switch out so I got it this past weekend.

The second prompt for my art journal has been posted.  It is "Somewhere, a Simple Place".  I've got one or two ideas floating around in my head, we'll see what I come up with.  In the meantime, the journal will hold more than just the prompts.  Last week I worked on a collage while Elise was painting, and the collage made it into the journal. 

Okay, that's it for now.  I hope to be back before the next prompt is up to show what I came up with.
 

1 comment:

suz said...

Nice work on Elise's mug rug. It looks very nice indeed. And, my, isn't she growing up!! - Karen