Friday, January 25, 2008

Br-r-r-r-r!

It turned cold this week! Not knowing if it was going to ice this morning, and not wanting to be in the limbo-land of am I going in or not going in, I just made a choice and took a vacation day today. That it happens to be Friday is so much the better!

Did I do anything momentous? No. Any housecleaning? Just minimal. Anything? Well, I had lunch with Elizabeth, worked on a quilt project, did some laundry, cooked some stuffed peppers so I could freeze some for my lunches, piddled with my geocaching supplies, did some shopping, read a bit on a new cookbook I bought, and did pretty much whatever I wanted to do. All in all, a very nice day.

Yes, another taste of retirement. Since it's only 2 years, 2 months, and 6 days away, I need this practice once in awhile so it won't be a shock to my system.

No comments: