Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Chicken 'n Dumplings

Mmmm. Chicken 'n dumplings. Now, there's comfort food. Who can resist sitting down to a bowl of this version of chicken soup? I don't remember Mom making it too much, though I'm sure she must have. Probably the earliest meal that stands out in my mind is one we had at Sue and Troy's. We had just driven in from Texas, and it was cold outside. We walked in the door, and it didn't take her just minutes to finish putting it together. It really hit the spot.

I'd say each time I make it, it's a little bit different, and with the exception of the time I accidentally used crescent rolls instead of biscuits, it's always good. The nice creamy broth with shredded chicken, maybe some celery and carrots. And don't make flat dumplings. They need to be, well, dumply. Life doesn't get much better, does it?

No comments: