Sunday, December 30, 2007

Thoughts at hand

Maybe because of a recent birthday, but lately I've noticed some bodily changes that, gasp, must have come with age. Did you know your skin moves around? It does. I had a scar, many years ago, that was on a knuckle, and it's now moved on up my finger. One that formerly resided on the inside of my wrist is now up about 2 or 3 inches on up the arm. And the little brown "age" spots! I've noticed them coming now for quite some time, but whew! There's a bunch of 'em! And shall we talk about wrinkles??? No, I don't think so.

I remember being in my early twenties and comparing my hand to my mother's. Of course, my thoughts at the time were along the lines of how great mine looked in the comparison. I guess I could wax poetic about how the years that brought these changes included rinsing out how many diapers by hand (the disposable diapers weren't the norm then), all the dishes that were scrubbed, and by golly these hands earned every change that came their way. But actually the thought running through my head is, I wonder if they do "hand lifts" like they do face lifts???

(You may notice that quite often I include pictures in my blogs. You may also notice, not in this one!)

No comments: