Saturday, February 23, 2008

Life is about change...

We've all heard that expression before. Times change. We've got to move forward. Time doesn't stand still.

Hopefully I'll be seeing a change one of these days. I've decided to sell my house, and move just a bit down the road. Depending on how long it takes to sell, and what's on the market at the time, Mansfield sounds attractive. That puts me a little closer to work, and move convenient to the kids and grandkids. If it's soon enough, I'll buy Elizabeth's house...but I don't hold my breath because hers is showing quite a bit.

I've come to realize that having had thoughts of moving 3 times in the almost 6 years I've been here (hard to believe, isn't it?), I'm just not satisfied. Life is too short to not live it to the fullest, and if it takes moving to give me the greatest measure of satisfaction, well so be it.

You tend to forget how much work goes into moving, and how much "stuff" you can accumulate. Fortunately I got rid of quite a bit when I moved here, but I am somewhat of a packrat, so I've started the cleansing process. About 5 bags made it to Goodwill this morning, and several to the trash. More to go through. Robert and Elizabeth, you ought to appreciate this many years down the road!

If you know anyone wanting a house, send them my way!

2 comments:

Liz said...

All will go well!! Just be patient

Anonymous said...

Good picture of the house. You'll get a buyer before long, I'm sure of it. Suz