Thursday, April 24, 2008

Woo-hoo!

After weeks of work, sweat, and frustration (well, 3 weeks) I've got an offer on my house! I would imagine all the signatures will be in place by tomorrow or so, and we're looking at a closing date of May 22nd. Needless to say, I'm excited, and looking forward to this next phase of my life.

Will there be tears of sadness as I prepare to depart? I don't think so, though I do like my neighbors and will miss the evening chats while watering the lawn or just sitting out in the yard. There was an element of emotion when I sold my house in Burleson, but I think that was because I had raised my kids there and it held so many memories. Now I think its a sense of finding where I want to make some new roots, and the anticipation of meeting new people and discovering new roads.

New beginnings. Sounds good, doesn't it?

No comments: