Sunday, April 18, 2010

this way....or that?

I think one of the things I like about quilting is that you have options. Just because directions may say to lay the pieces out one way, you can switch them around a bit and come up with something different.

I've gotten a start on my black and white quilt, using the "Domino Effect" pattern in the book Super Simple Triangles by Nancy Smith and Lynda Milligan. It calls for 192 light and dark half-square triangles, which come together by 4's to make 48 blocks. Once they come together in 8 rows of 6 blocks, they will have a red border, then a black border. I'm about 1/4 of the way along with the blocks, but I can start to see the pattern emerging.

This is the pattern in the book:






By switching the squares around a bit, I come up with this:


Be interesting to see what I finally decide on.

No comments: