Wednesday, September 15, 2010

fallen tree and witches...is there a connection?

Into each life a little rain must fall.  Okay, I understand that.  But trees?  That I can do without.

You may remember I had a new fence put in last Spring since the old one was getting decrepit and falling down.  Chris did a good job on getting it in.  Fast forward to last week, and David looked out to the back yard and told me that my neighbor's tree was down on my fence.  Aargh.  I hadn't gotten out in the yard much with all the heat we've had, so I don't know how long it had been that way, but sure enough, there it was.  There is a blessing in that the fence was new, otherwise it would have toppled on over into the yard and possibly on the house.  (I guess I'm basically a Pollyanna...try to find the bright side of everything.)

This is the beginning of the saga.


We didn't realize when Chris and his helper Terry dragged the limbs to the front that the trash company required them to be bundled.  We did have them at decent lengths, pretty much about 4', but the trash man told me he couldn't pick them up that way.   Robert came over this morning and we got probably a good half of the pile into bundles.  David is coming over this evening and we'll get more of it knocked out.  This is where we are at the half-way point.

That last picture is what we have bundled so far, and I admit it will be easier for them to pick up.  Heck of a lot of work though.

On a happier note, I do have my sewing machine back from the repair shop.  This was my first little project to work on, something I could finish pretty quick.  I thought they were cute last year when I saw them on the HGTV forum, so here's my witch.  It can go in either the kitchen or bathroom and be decorative for Halloween.  I've given one to Liz, this will go to Robert's family.  I think the kids will get a kick out of it.

My Singer is ready to be picked up, though it will probably be Friday before I make it over there.  I'll have to sew something on it for old times' sake, since it's the one I learned to sew on.
So, back to the title...fallen tree and witches.  Connection?  Nah, but I had to come up with something! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE TOWEL WITH WITCH'S FEET!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! TOO CUTE.

bingo~bonnie said...

oh how cute!!! That tea towel with the witches feet on the oven door reminds me of how you use to see those mascot tails hanging out (on purpose) of the trunks of cars! It's like she got caught in the oven door. :)

Good luck with repairing the fence. what a pain. :/

Love from Texas! ~bonnie