Thursday, October 7, 2010

October has arrived

It's the first week of October, so of course I have my latest package from my Secret Sister.  Too cool!  She pulled from her stash this month to help me out on making an I Spy quilt for the grandkids.  She sent a wide variety of fq's, as well as packages of 3" and 5" squares already cut.  How great is that?!?  Believe me, it's a big help.  She also tucked in a few books and some tea so I could just curl up on the couch and be cozy when it gets cold.  Just another couple of months, and I'll know who she is.

Since I finished one of my ufo's last week, I pulled out my vacation quilt to see what kind of progress I can make on it.   Here's a picture from early on in the idea process.

Here's a little further along (actually yesterday).  In the process, some have been reduced, some eliminated, and others added.





I've now progressed to having the upper 2/3 sewn together.  My shadow quilts seem to take a lot of manipulating to get them to fit.  Somehow the pieces are never all the same size, probably because I pulled from a variety of sources...t-shirts, bandanas, and fabric, as well as a patch.  Oh, and I printed some of my trip pictures onto fabric, which I was really pleased with.  But it's coming along, as you see here.

I'd love to have the piecing finished this weekend.  I should, unless life gets in the way.  Once I'm satisfied, I'll send it to my friend Ty for her to do the quilting.   I may have mentioned I want to do more of my own quilting, and I did on the last wallhanging, but anything bigger than a wallhanging is too cumbersome for me.

Another ufo getting closer to being a fo!

No comments: