Thursday, May 12, 2011

so much noise in the morning!

You never realize how noisy your morning routine is until someone sleeps over.  Elise stayed the night with me since their power went out, so of course I want to let her sleep in.  Ha!  At 6:00 she heard the cuckoo bird, and through her monitor I hear her own little "cuckoo".  Then she's quiet for another 20 minutes or so.

I decide to make some muffins for a nice little breakfast, and as I pre-heat the oven, it dings.  I carefully reach for a measuring cup (they're the metal ones of course, not soft plastic), one falls to the floor.  Loudly.  The doors creak each time I open them.  Funny how you don't notice some of these sounds on a daily basis.

Then the oven dings three times to tell me the desired temperature has been reached.

By now she's babbling, her normal little wake-up routine.  I'll go ahead and get her up.  I'm glad she's an early morning riser like her Grams.  ;)

Have a good day, all.

No comments: