Monday, May 9, 2011

ah, family



Yesterday was such a nice day.  Being Mother's Day, I joined Elizabeth and her family for breakfast.  We were early enough that we got into the restaurant without a wait, and that's a good thing.  By the time we finished up and left, there were quite a few waiting for a table.   When we got back to their house, David surprised us by washing both our cars!  That had been on my to-do list for awhile, and I fully intended to do it this weekend, but I was really pleased I didn't have to.  ;)



Then in the afternoon, I went to Robert's for some ribs and baked beans.  Yummo!  Enough meat on them to sink your teeth in and come out with bbq sauce all over your mouth and a smile on your face.  It's always nice to see your kids in their own space, and how well they're doing.  Robert's a good dad and husband...and cook!

Elise showed me a surprise this past week.  I had slipped into the sewing room to sew a few quick seams, and when I came out she had a bit of a surprised look on her face...or was it a toddler's "uh-oh!" look?   I should have known something was up when she didn't follow me to the sewing room, she loves that place.  What did she manage to get into?  I'd left my purse on a chair, and she pulled out my lipstick.  She held out her hands for me to clean them, and wasn't real happy when I pulled out the camera before wiping them off!



No comments: