Sunday, June 12, 2011

back from the coast

I got back yesterday from a trip to Corpus Christi/Padre Island with Elizabeth and her family.  Had a great time, of course.  

 We broke up the drive a bit both coming and going by stopping at the outlet mall in San Marcos and doing some walking around.  It's probably about a 7 hour drive.  A couple of times yesterday afternoon, Elise started wiggling around saying "I stuck!"   She was ready to get out of that car seat!

We played on the beach a bit...



And relaxed in and around the pool...

We went to the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus, and enjoyed looking around there.  Along with the great exhibit of dolphins and sea life, they also had a splash area for the kids.  Lily enjoyed spending some time there.




I also discovered some new food.  Well, new to me at least.  David had some fried jalopeno strips, I think from Sonic, and they were yummo.  And he cooked up some chicken one night that was real tasty...chicken strips wrapped in bacon, then topped with bbq sauce when they were close to finished.  He baked these in the oven, though the grill is his preferred method.  The condo we were staying in didn't have a grill.

Then it was time to come home, and what do I find but no air conditioner!  That's ok, I'll go have a sip of my slimmed down version frozen strawberry daquiri.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Sounds like fun! Especially the San Marcos mall shopping stop!