Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas and the day after

Christmas has come and gone again, and again a time of family and good cheer.  And too much food.  Sigh.  I will do better, I will do better, I will do better....





And today is another special day...John's birthday!  He and Bonnie have been in Texas about 6 years now, and he's adapting well.  Awhile back he bought a piece of property, and has enjoyed putzing around on it experimenting with different plantings. I'm glad to see he dresses appropriately, our Texas sun can be brutal.   Carl used this picture and drew an ink and watercolor painting, which he graciously gave me.  I have to say it's one of my favorites.  I don't think John has seen it yet, so seeing this will be his birthday surprise!

Happy birthday, John.  I'm glad you decided to make Texas your home.

No comments: