Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 is here!

It's going to be a good year.  At the beginning we anticipate all the good things we'll accomplish, and you know, I really think it will happen.  In the meantime, I just try to enjoy each day as it comes. 

I got an email the other day that had pictures of amazing paths...in fact, that was the name of it, Amazing Paths.  There were a few of the traditional that looked somewhat familiar, though I couldn't say for sure where they were.  You know the kind, the steep city street, or the twisty ones.


And then there were the ones that spoke to me, places I'd like to see. 




These two I especially liked.

On the last one, I tried contacting the photographer...partly to ask where it is, partly to see if he minded that I put it in my blog, and partly just to let him know I like it.  Unfortunately, the name in the picture is hard to make out.  However, in my quest I did send an email to photographer Victor Paul Borg.   It's not his picture, but if you click on the link you'll find his website.  Turns out he's a photographer and journalist.  Isn't the internet wonderful???

On to other things.  Rhett's tooth came out when I was at Robert and Angela's the other day.  This was taken on my phone, and I'm still learning about sending pics with it.
And of course it's that time of year for working puzzles.  Here's the first of the season, 1000 pieces.  I have a 2000 piece waiting in the wings for my next project.
And last, but not least, I'm working on two more Texas wall hangings.  One will be for Robert, the other I think we'll see if it finds a buyer.  He said I could hang it at his dealership.  They are now in the quilting process.
So this year's off to a flying start!  2012 is going to be another good year, I can just tell.  :)

2 comments:

Florida Farm Girl said...

Hi Elsie - Happy New Year to you and yours. The first picture is Lombard Street in San Francisco. And I'd be the second one is in SF also. Don't know about the other ones. I've been down Lombard Street and it is a real challenge. Glad I wasn't driving at the time!!! Oh, its a one way street. Can you imagine negotiating the turns into and out of your garage on that street?

suz said...

Ah, now those are "paths not taken" that could really tell a story. Like the photos.