Friday, March 23, 2012

it's Friday...you know what that means

It's Friday Favorite time again.  This little wagon has been one of my favorites for many years now.  Actually, this is the 2nd version, having worn out the first one many years ago.

Yes, the ever-popular little red wagon.  I may or may not have had one as a child, but there was a popular  song out featuring the wagon.  Remember that? Written by Rex Griffin, I found it recorded by Hank Thompson and Willie Nelson, among who knows how many others.


At this point I intended to slip in the lyrics to the Little Red Wagon song, but in case there are copyright issues, I'll let you look at them here.  :)

While I may not have had one as a child, I've kept one around for the last 10 years or so.  Its a work horse!  I can't tell you how many loads its carried to my back yard, and the help its been.  Of course, there's the added benefit as the grandkids came along that they can enjoy it as well.   Or, as in this case with Elise last year, I can put them to work with it.  ;)
This will most likely be the last year for my wagon, at least the one you see here.  It's rusting out, and has a hole or two.  I'm afraid anything too heavy just might break through.  But that's okay.  I'll make  a planter out of her, and get up another one to pick up the reins and carry the load.



2 comments:

suz said...

And what little tyke doesn't love that little red wagon? Whether being pulled in it or pulling it themselves, filled with their favorite things.

Sherry said...

I was so glad when I had my baby when I was 30. I could finally get a RED WAGON to "tote" my groceries from the car to the house.

And for yard work - so much more stable than a wheel barrow!