Saturday, September 15, 2012

just bein' Grams

Lately my days have been filled with my favorite things...grandkids.  I think this is the best thing about retirement, that I can spend time with these wonderful little people.  (and here's an apology at the very beginning for the quality of the pictures...Elizabeth will be helping me see if I have my settings right to see if I can do better next time)

Recently I went to lunch with Robert and his family.  He wanted to try out a bbq place his co-workers had recommended because they have good queso.  Rhett loves his cheese sauce, so we found Bone Daddy's and went on in.  Now, their food was fine, but we didn't realize it was one of those places where the waitresses are in their little short shorts and form fitting tops.  Oh well, we laughed about it and had a good time.  They were certainly generous with their serving sizes.  When I saw the size of Robert and Angela's platters, I was really pleased I ordered off the kids menu.  My sandwich and fries were plenty.

After lunch, we headed over to Dave and Busters.  I'd not been there, but they have video games for the kids.  The kids were playing Ninja Fruit, where they swipe their fingers across the screen and slice watermelons, lemons, limes, and any other fruit that comes up.  I liked it myself, and ended up visiting the app store to get it on my phone and IPad.


I'm enjoying keeping Elise again since school has started up.  She's getting a little older now, so I've realized I need to step up and have more activities for her.  I got some Play Doh, and gathered together several things to use for shaping and molding.  We've played that a couple of times this week, and have gone to the library for story time.  I also got some dry erase markers and a book designed to be used with them, and a plain dry erase board.  We may expand to finger paints as well.  If I get brave enough.  :)  These pictures were actually on my camera, so they came out better...more in focus.




Yesterday was Grandparents Day at Rhett and Ashlynn's school, and I was able to join them for lunch, then we went to the library for a book fair.



I did good to get Ashlynn's picture.  Normally she's all for getting her picture taken, but this time she kept covering her face.  I got it though.  :)

And here we are together.


In other news, I'm still working on my Stash to Treasure quilt challenge.  The top is finished, and I'm working on the quilting now.  I know everyone is excited to see what it will look like.  Hold on, it won't be long till mid-October and I can show pictures.

That's it for now.  Have a good weekend.


No comments: