Sunday, June 23, 2013

summertime

I updated the tote/purse I made when a friend wanted one with a zipper.  After I made mine I thought that would have been a nice feature to have, so was glad for the chance to see how to put one in.  You may not be able to tell a whole lot from this, but here it is.  I didn't show the bag itself because it's basically the same as mine. The zipper is the inset part where you see the baseball zipper pull.
I really like the baseball zipper pull.  I looked several places for some kind of baseball charm, and finally at a sports store the fellow suggested Party City.  Of course!  Why didn't I think of that?  Luckily it was just a few doors down, and they had terrific party favors.  The baseballs were actually decorations on a beaded whistle lanyard...so I got 2 baseballs for 99 cents. And a whistle.  Heckuva deal. 

I made a quick trip to Arkansas to see my sister, and had a good time.  I stayed at Petit Jean State Park in a cabin.  Beautiful area with lots of scenic views.  If you're into hiking, there are several trails.  

Coming from the mountain to Sue's, I saw these horses in the field and stopped to take a picture.  You've got to love small communities.  A fellow came by in his truck, and slowed down, lowering the window.  He noticed my out-of-state plates and wanted to make sure I was okay. 

A few weeks ago when I was still watching Elise (I only keep her during the school year), she came across a baby blanket that Sue made for Elizabeth when she was a baby.  She was wagging it around, and decided she wanted it hung on the wall, I guess like she sees my wall hangings.  So we hung it up.  It's held up well after all these years.

Guess that's it for now.  Have a good week!


No comments: