Saturday, August 2, 2008

Today went by quick

A busy day today. I started off putting a couple of coats of paint on some of the baseboards, 6 of the 10. I propped three on two chairs, and three on some bricks. Then I took my little rolly garden cart, and rolling in between the two sets, went up one side painting one set, then turned facing the other direction to paint the other set. Rather nifty, if I do say so myself.

I had thoughts of mowing the back yard but it was too stinkin' hot. And I knew I was limited on time because I had a funeral to go to.

The funeral was for a retired co-worker, Kenneth Matheson, a good man. My friend Toni and I rode down to Waco for the service, then on to China Springs for the graveside. Rest in peace, Ken.

On the way to Waco, since it was a 2:00 service, we stopped in Hillsboro to eat at MiMi and Papa's Place, a terrific little diner just a block from the courthouse. Another retiree from the City and his wife (she's a former dispatcher), James and Arlynda, have opened up the restaurant, and it was doing a good business. No wonder, the food was terrific. They serve the breakfast and lunch crowd, from 6:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., except on Fridays. I think they have all you can eat catfish on Friday nights, but don't quote me on that, and they close at 8:00 p.m. I recommend it to any who happen to be in the area.

That's about it for now. Need to decide if I'm going to the grocery store tonite or early in the morning, I've got family coming for lunch tomorrow. Yummm, burgers and hot dogs!

No comments: