Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy Thanksgiving


"How did you make that corn dish, David?" and "alright Mom, what did you put in that cheese ball??? are you trying to sneak something over on me??? oh wait, it's not bad." "I'm so full" and "show me the tv and a couch, and I'm good for the day".

Yes, another Thanksgiving dinner has come and gone. Fortunately for me my preparations were relatively easy this year, since Robert and Angela hosted the festivities at their house. Good company, good weather, good food. A nice day indeed. The cousins had a good time playing in the back yard, including the age-old favorite of hide-and-seek. Little Elise got to celebrate her first Thanksgiving, but she did end up sleeping through at least part of it. :)

This morning I did one of those little elf videos, using pics of me and my brothers and sisters. It made for a nice little family portrait, didn't it?

I also had some fun with my geocaching today. Last weekend Robert and I hid a cache in his vicinity, and today was the "first to find" on it, meaning someone was the first one to find it and post their entry. This cache is full of orange items, asking people to trade out with other orange items. I like having a variety of things in the cache, and will usually include a couple of toys, some fabric for a quilter who might come along the way, as well as something to appeal to adults. In this case, there was a sudoku puzzle book and a carabiner, among other things.

Yes, I'm thankful. I've got many blessings in my life.

No comments: