Saturday, November 14, 2009

too late for second chance...

I got an interesting piece of mail the other day from a life insurance company, addressed to my husband who died 10 years ago. "Here's that second chance you hoped for, Mr. xxx." And, his acceptance is guaranteed, regardless of the condition of his health. Yep. It says so. In black and white. They go on to say they want to do something for a too-long neglected group. Ummm, it's really a bit late for a second chance, and I don't think his particular group is in a position to care.

I know names get on mailing lists, but really. 10 years and 2 moves later, and he still gets mail?

3 comments:

lesthook said...

My husband passed 7 years ago and I've moved once . I still get the same kind of mail for him,LOL!

Sherry said...

Stepson came in the house one day and looked at me. He'd checked the outgoing mail. One was addressed to my dead first husband. I'd written "Return to Sender. Incorrect Address. New Address Veal Switch Cemetery Hughes Springs Texas."

SS said, "That's bad." I said "Not as bad as forwarding mail to a dead man 320 miles away from where he lived and died."

David said...

I still somehow get mail for William Broccard. He's my late grandmother's (she died ten years ago) second husband who she divorced 20 years ago, and who no one has heard from in just as long, and who never lived south of St. Louis.