Sunday, December 5, 2010

these hands aren't idle

I have found that I'm spending a lot of time on the computer, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I shouldn't use the excuse of "I don't have enough time" in other areas of my life if I can make so much time for the computer and computer games.   (Chuzzle comes to mind rather quickly!)

I enjoy working jigsaw puzzles, but haven't had one out in quite awhile, so this week I set one up.  I like the 1000 piece version, and this one has a cute little theme of things from the 50's. If I remember right, I came across this one at a garage sale!  Heck of a deal!
 I pretty well approach most puzzles the same way, pulling out the edge pieces first. 
 I don't always manage to find all of the edge pieces at the beginning.  Usually there are one or two that will show up later in the process.  This time I lucked out, and I had them all. 

Now that my borders are set up, I can start filling in.  You know how it is with puzzles, there are several areas that are pretty easy to find most of the pieces.
So it's started.  I'm already enjoying it, as I knew I would.  This morning when I got up, instead of going straight to my computer, I sat down with puzzle and 30 minutes flew by just real quick.  Now, I didn't do all of the above in 30 minutes, but it's not a race...it's a process.

Yesterday I got together with a few friends for what has become a monthly sewing/craft session.    Kay was working on panda ears for her grandson's music program coming up next week.
 Linda took time from the hand stitching on her dresden plate project to help Carolyn get familiar with the sewing machine.  She's working on a ruffled tote bag. 
I was real pleased with the progress I made on a couple of wall hangings.  Sorry, no pics of me actually doing something!  It was a nice day, and made me think of the old time quilting bees, and how the ladies would come together to quilt and visit.  It's a concept that still works.

No comments: