Wednesday, September 28, 2011

e-books and smiles

I've been reading a few e-books lately.  I almost dug in my heels thinking I wouldn't get involved with them, because I'm one that likes to pass books on to others to read.  However, I've found that there are plenty of e-books out there that are either free or very low cost.  And even better, if you don't mind the possible wait, city libraries are an excellent option.  Yes, for the latest best-seller you may be on a waiting list for a bit, but there's been plenty of times I've waited for the hard cover version, so that's okay.  And there are any number of books that are readily available.  Being able to download at any time of the day or night is great.  And think how environmentally correct!!   You're not using gas to drive there, and less paper is used.

I've read a biography on Susan Boyle, the singing sensation from the Britain's Got Talent show.   Also a couple of Debbie Macomber's fictional pieces,  Grisham's "The Confession", and currently "The Help".  I'm pleased.  But I still look for bargains in garage sales.  :)


I've been doing a bit of embroidery here and there, and starting to pull a few thoughts together for another quilt.  My Stash to Treasure challenge quilt came out fine, and the idea is inspiring me to use up some of the smaller pieces that I've had forever. 



Here's a bright little picture to close this up.  Elise and her daddy!  She's usually a momma's girl, but she did just fine with dad when mom had to go out of town for a couple of days.

No comments: