Thursday, June 3, 2010

possible "arrrrgh" should be okay

You know how it is.  Frustration comes along occasionally.

Sometime back I started a reupholstery project.  I found a nice little glider rocker with fabric from about the 60's at a garage sale a couple of years ago.  Then after I moved here, I finally put it on a table and got started on it.  I stripped it down to the frame, then things got busy and it was put in the garage.

Recently I decided to have a go at it again, and it's back up on a table in the garage.
I've put some foam on the bottom seat section.  Couldn't find upholstery batting, so I went with cotton quilt batting. Then I thought it could use another coat of stain.  Since I had the color that was probably originally used, I put it on, not considering that it's a stain and polyurethane all in one. It looks good, but now I wonder if I should have used the polyurethane.  I'm sure I'll go ahead and finish it as is, but I wish I had just stained.  That's where the "possible arrrgh" comes in.  Ah well. David and Nolene each think it will do fine, and I think so  too.

I've picked up a book to refresh my memory on what to do.  (I have only reupholstered 2 or 3 chairs over that last 15 years.)  And this weekend I got the fabric.  Since I'm going on vacation shortly, I'm sure it will wait till afterwards, but I'm excited to see how it comes out.  Wish me luck!  (oops!  Just re-read the earlier post, and see that I've already bought fabric for it!  That's what I get for waiting so long, now to find the first fabric and see which I prefer.  This is why I shouldn't take so long to finish my projects!)

Vacation, you say?   Yep, brother Carl has flown in, and in a few days we'll pull out on our journey.  Up to Mt. Rushmore, over to Yellowstone (I keep wanting to say Jellystone), into Boise to rest up a few days, then down thru the Grand Canyon, and a National Park or two.  I think Nolene and John are making bets about how long I'll be gone.  We'll see who wins.  :)

Here's a picture of my chaste tree in the front yard.  I'm glad it's bloomed before vacation so I can enjoy the blooms.  Pretty isn't it?

That's it for now.  :)

No comments: