Friday, January 27, 2012

Singer has a new machine

I love the old vintage Singers, maybe because that's what I learned to sew on.  They're heavy metal, and can sew forever.  Well, Singer apparently has realized that quite a few people feel that way, because their latest model has taken on the look of the old with the technology of the new.  I'm sure they're plastic, and not near the solid weight of the old, but she sure is pretty!   They've been for sale on the home shopping networks, and it appears they're sold out already.  Not to worry, I'm sure there will be plenty more to come.


I doubt that I'll be running out to get one, since I really like my little Janome and have Mom's Singer as well, but I do like the looks of it.  Not to fear, I think this one's pretty snazzy looking too.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I think it's a neat looking machine! But am afraid I'd be disappointed in its performance. Singer's reputation has really gone downhill.

I have my mother's Singer in a cabinet similar but not identical to yours. It's a workhorse! Back in my skinny days, I made my own jeans. Basted them then put them on inside out. Pinned them to F*I*T! Took them off, sewed them up. Can't do that any more! I want them loose and baggy! sob

That old machine handled several thicknesses of denim!!