Friday, January 20, 2012

this and that

Well, now I'm watching episodes of House.   As usual, I'm several years behind from when it started, but it's pretty much new to me, so that's okay.  I'd only seen bits and pieces of the show, but liked Hugh Laurie (the main character) with his quirky ways.  Well, I happened to see a public television performance a couple of weeks ago, and was surprised to see he's a musician.  I liked the show and his performance, and decided to watch his television series from the start.  Truthfully I didn't know his name until then, but I do now. So far I've finished the first 8 episodes, and my next dvd came in yesterday's mail. 
Who knows, I may even get one of his cd's.
We had a couple of birthdays in the family this week.  David's was earlier in the week, and Nolene's is today.  Woo hoo!  Happy birthday to both!

Here's David.  You've seen it before, but it's my favorite picture of him.   He and Elizabeth celebrated their 4th anniversary this week too.  Glad you're part of the family, David.  :)
And here's Nolene.  Again, I think you've seen this before, but I like it because it shows her interest in learning new things.  Whether its her Ipad or geocaching, knitting or losing weight (about 35 pounds over the last couple of years!), she jumps on in and does it well.

That's it for now.  Hope to have pics of the next two Texas wall hangings in a couple of days.

No comments: