Wednesday, May 2, 2012

things have been busy

Time manages to move right on by, doesn't it?

Rhett had a birthday party recently, and has reached the milestone age of 7 years.  Looking back, I think seven years old was one of my earliest birthday memories.  Someone told me that I'd have a whole new body by the time I was seven, and I awoke expecting to see a new me in the mirror.  Silly, I know, but there it is.  Anyway, friends and family gathered at Chucky Cheese's to wish him well, and a good time was had by all.  Here's birthday boy and the festivities.







Then since Spring has come along and it's been so pretty, I thought it would be nice to have everyone over for some burgers.  Poor David wound up doing all the cooking, after I tried to smoke everyone off the porch when getting the fire going in the grill.   The burgers were good, and as always, good to see everyone.  We even had my nephews Mike and Tommy and their families.  Mike just returned from a military assignment in Japan, and was here before moving on to his next assignment in California.  Tommy made the trip from Oklahoma.   Here are a few pics.  Didn't get everyone, but that can be a hard thing to do, especially when they turn their heads the other way when the camera goes up.  :)
 




On Monday I finished a little patriotic angel quilted table runner I've been working on.  I've donated it to our local TOPS chapter as a fundraiser...hopefully it will raise a few dollars.



Guess that's it for now.  Have a good week.  

No comments: