Monday, August 6, 2012

Another milestone!

Happy birthday dear Robert, happy birthday to you!


We've come a long way, haven't we? 

In other news, Summer is rolling right along.  Been playing a few of those dang computer games, but I sure do like them.  There's Draw Something, a fun way to work on your art skills.  Now these pics were screen shots, so they're kind of small, but there's a golf cart and a canoe.



And Words With Friends.  Again, an educational way to keep your mind working.  Win or lose, its another fun one.







This past week I kept Elise while Elizabeth and David had a few days away.  Always discovering something new, I learned she likes to pose for pictures!




I've done a little experimenting with cooking too.  Made these cheese sticks using a recipe from Pinterest, with some marinara sauce on the side.  They weren't bad, probably will make them again.  They didn't brown as pretty as the store-bought, but tasted good.



I also tried a chicken and rice casserole that my Bunco buddy Colissa made, and it came out so yummy.  Thought I had taken a picture, but no, so here's how the professionals do it.  Like Colissa, I added fried onion rings after the cheese...sooooo good!   I took a serving to my neighbor and froze a couple of servings, as well as eating off of it a couple of days, so it went a long way. 


Okay, guess that's it for now.  Have a good week everyone.


1 comment:

suz said...

Good pictures, yummy food. Wish I could have shared some of those dishes. - Karen