Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ramblings on Sunday nite

Sigh. I've got a couple of nails in my tire, causing it to be low enough to trigger a sensor in my dash. I noticed the indicator light Friday, so when I left work I swung by a convenience store and put air in. The light went away, and I forgot about it over the course of a busy weekend. Then this afternoon, I noticed it was on again as I was coming home from Lily's birthday party (which was a lot of fun, by the way). By the time I stopped at the drug store and got back in my car, I forgot about it ... again. So tonite, a Sunday nite about 8:00, I remember and go out to see what I can find. As I aired up the tire, that's when I noticed the nail...then I noticed another one. Sheesh. Just let it stay aired up until 7:00 tomorrow morning when Wal-mart auto express opens.

Speaking of Lily's party, it was held at the Pump It Up. Young and older alike jumped up and down in the air bags and zoomed down the air bag slides, and a good time was had by all. I was able to remain unscathed as I designated myself photographer and stayed at the outer edges to try for the candid shots. A lot of the shots had red-eye, I don't know if it's because it was somewhat dark in there. But here are a few pics to share the fun. Ashlynn's party was Friday nite, but I didn't have my camera handy for that one.

I got more painting done on the outside of the house. Now I have the peak over my bedroom and the trim around the garage to do. I'll be really excited if I can finish it next weekend. Elizabeth was a big help in assisting me with the peak over the garage. I was hesitant to climb on the ladder for the tallest part since the driveway has a bit of an incline, so between the two of us and the extension on the paint handle, we got it. In other house news, I'm making inquiries on changing out the flooring. I'd love to have these two projects done and over with by September 1st. That's my intention. The flooring will be a biggie, because ideally I'd have some interior painting finished by the time it would go in. It will come together.

No comments: