Friday, July 11, 2008

Recommended reading

I'm sure many have heard of, if not heard part of, Randy Pausch's "The Last Lecture". Randy, in his mid-40's, has pancreatic cancer. As a professor at Carnegie Mellon, he gave a last lecture, which ended up on the internet, and then into a book.

We all know how devastating pancreatic cancer is. Mom had it, as did one of her sisters. As a young man, Pausch has beaten odds by surviving as long as he has, though he's still considered terminal.

I've been listening to the book-on-CD of The Last Lecture. I've actually been all the way through it, and am listening for the 2nd time. I won't be surprised if I end up buying the book. It is not morose. Just the opposite, he gives insights into living your childhood dreams, and fully living your life. This little synopsis does not begin to do justice to all the book entails, but take my word for it, you'll be glad you read it.

No comments: