Saturday, September 19, 2009

a good weekend



I took off work yesterday to go to the Trinity Valley Quilters' Guild quilt show in Fort Worth. It's always a nice one, and I try to make it every year. They had lots of pretty quilts to look at, and several vendors. I think the number of vendors was down a bit, but I attribute that to the economy.

The theme this year was Log Cabins - Timeless Treasures, so there were quite a few log cabins to look at. They're pretty, but I can't say they're my favorite. Now this moose up here...that one speaks to me! But I'm partial to mooses anyway. The other two just caught my eye.

The find of the day however, was this nifty little cover to go on a tv snack tray. It's made with the insulated material that's used for ironing board covers, and is so convenient to have handy at the sewing machine.

This morning was yard work. We've had so much rain lately that it's gone kind of crazy. I mowed and edged the front, pulled a few weeds, and pulled almost all of the marigolds out. I decided I needed to take a picture of my geraniums (edited to say "begonias") at the front entry, as a reminder to plant them again next year. I've enjoyed them all season, they did so well.
That's it for now. I'm hoping the next post can have baby pictures on it!

3 comments:

JessicaSews said...

Love the quilt pictures - I like the moose quilt too!

What a great idea for
the tray table!!

I just transplanted a few perennials last weekend, only to have the deer pull them up! .....sigh!
Enjoy your flowers!
~Jes

David said...

On your notes for next year you might want to also note that those are begonias and not geraniums...

Either way they're both better than cannas!

elsie123 said...

Ha! Ah well, I know what they are when I see them at the nursery, even if I get the names mixed up...