Friday, November 28, 2008

another day, another year


It's amazing how fast the time flies these days, and the older I get, the faster it goes. Ah well, such is life...

I received a couple of Carol Doak quilting books for my birthday, so I took them to an office supply store today to get them spiral bound. I've done that now for several books, and it's so much easier to look through the pages, or be able to leave the book open to a page and not worry about it flopping shut. Anyway, these are on paper piecing, something I've been wanting to try. It may be after the first of the year before I can do much, but I'm sure you'll be seeing glimpses here and there of whatever I do. To see some examples of beautiful paper piecing using these books, check out Penny's blog on my blog list. She has a quilt called "Surf and Sand" on her sidebar, and in her archives for about October or so are more pictures. She did a great job. I'm meeting a few of the ladies from HGTV's quilting forum tomorrow. It will be nice to get to know some of the people who live in this area, and should be fun. Appropriately, we'll be meeting up at a quilt shop!

That's it for now. Hope everyone has had a nice Thanksgiving, and a renewed appreciation of those you hold close to your heart.

1 comment:

Lady Beekeeper said...

That is a great idea to spiral bind them. I should do that.

I just found your blog and put it on my google reader - keep up the good work!