Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sigh...

Another taste of retirement...ain't life grand? Yes I'm on vacation again. But it's been well over two months since my last one, and I traditionally take off the week of Thanksgiving. When the kids were younger, it was a chance to make a start on Christmas shopping or sewing, or maybe spend time with Mom when she would be able to make it out for the holiday. Now there's not a particular need or reason to take it, other than I just want to. Which I guess is a good enough reason in itself.

I have been able to baste Wild and Free in preparation for quilting, and did some running around today. I found a really neat place in Fort Worth that sells salvaged goods for old houses. Lots of eye candy...you don't just walk in and walk out, it takes awhile to look at all the fun stuff. Hinges, door knobs, drawer pulls, claw foot bathtubs, doors, windows, and on and on. Not that I need any of it, but I didn't let that stop me.

And I treated myself to coconut shrimp at Red Lobster. Love it, love it, love it. I've actually downloaded a recipe and might try my hand at making it one of these days.

I've said many times, don't put your life on hold waiting for some magic day (like retirement) to do what you want to do. We all know there are no guarantees in life, and we need to do what we enjoy as we go along. So I do enjoy... but it's still gonna be nice!

No comments: